1. Be realistic about life. It’s not going to go on forever. There will come a day when you will see no more sunrises, no more sunsets. So make the most of every day. Focus on the things that are most important — people, family, friends. Connect with them as often as possible. Tell them more about who are and less about what you have done in life -leave them with memories of the real you.
2. Don’t just have dreams and hopes, go after all the things you want to do in life while there is still an opportunity to do so, because when your life expires, what you have left undone will expire as well.
3. Determine who you need to forgive and then let go of the hurts they have caused you. It will help you heal. Don’t take hurts, resentments, anger, and jealousies to the grave with you. Clear the air and rest in peace. And for those you’ve hurt, send them your regrets.
4. Spend more time giving and less time receiving, more time sharing and less time buying and collecting. People will remember you by what you gave in life, what you built, not by what you owned and collected.
5. Live your life in such a way that it is an example for others to follow — show compassion for others, especially those less fortunate, be willing to make sacrifices in order to help those in need, always demonstrate honesty and integrity, look for ways to encourage and inspire those who need a lift in life, love others unconditionally.
6. Focus more on what is good in life, the positives, the beauty, the little things that mean a lot, and less time on the negatives, the wrongs, the things that don’t really matter. Take time to smell the flowers.
7. Believe in yourself. Love yourself. Don’t deny that you have abilities and interests, because you do. Take time to discover and nurture them. Be real, be genuine, be who you are.
8. No matter your situation, that you always have choices in life. Having a choice is a freedom that was given at the beginning of time and no one can take it away from you. But be wise in what you choose. And remember, you always have the right to say no.
9. Take care of your mind, body and soul. Feed them wisely with good nourishment. Be disciplined and exercise mentally, physically and spiritually on a consistent basis. Give time to meditation and prayer.
10. Accept the fact that you are not in control of life. God is. Love him and be grateful for all that he has done for you.